<body> <body>

Monday 27 December 2010

Report: Beauteen

Current Song: Na Na Na (My Chemical Romance)
Current Mood: Satisfied

So the new year was coming, and I realized it was time for me to re-dye my hair again. I don't do it often, only once a year, and then I let my hair grow out until the year passes before I go for hair maintenance again. Eg; dye, trim, cut, whatever. And this time I thought to do it DIY since I've already gotten my hair trimmed to get rid of those crinkled ends that came from this year's curling and stuff, so a nice surf of the internet and a trip to Watsons was in order.

I originally wanted to buy Liese bubble hair dye because let's face it; I know squat about dyeing hair, and Liese looked vveeerrrryyyy attractive since all I needed to do was... pump foam and splash it on for an even finish. But the reports I went through on the net said that Liese wasn't reliable, and the color washed out easily, though I think it's the same with all hair dye. Anyway, I went to Watsons and they were selling a box of Liese for RM33.39, I think? I was going to pick it up off the shelf, but something else caught my eye.

Nana did. Nana, the manga/anime.

Okay, okay, maybe it WASN'T Nana per se, but it was Tachihara Aya, a character drawn by my favorite mangaka of all time (yes, the mangaka of Nana and Paradise Kiss), Ai Yazawa-sensei, for the Beauteen box illustration. The first time I saw this, it was in Guardian somewhere early this year, and I just about brought the shop down (and startled the poor lady next to me) by screaming, "HOMGHOMGHOMG!! AI YAZAWA!!!!!" I'm a Nana/Paradise Kiss fan. Get over it. Back to the topic, Beauteen caught my eye because of the illustrations done by my favorite mangaka, and because the price was cheap. Way cheaper: RM18.90. I had to do some comparing then, and Beauteen won because there were more positive reviews about it, though the application was a bit harder because there was no foam, just a bottle and a comb-nozzle to comb through the hair.

That, and the box was so pretty. *facepalm*

In any case, Beauteen won the fight and in the end, I carried home a box of Beauteen Hair Dye in Pink Beige, character Tachihara Aya, illustrated by Ai Yazawa-sensei.

(Pretty, isn't it? Here's the Singapore website for more information: http://www.hoyu.com.sg/Beauteen/)





Still trying to transmute gold on 23:58

* JADE FIONA CROSS

The enigma of an authoress...

* Speak




* PULSE!



& Archives
  • June 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • October 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • December 2010

  • & CREDITS

    this layout done by Leo. the fonts were from dafont